With the Covid-19 epidemic now considered a pandemic by WHO, Azerbaijani authorities are taking action on visa issuance and arrivals in the country.
The government site evisa.gov.az, where to request the electronic visa "Asan Viza" for entry into Azerbaijan, no longer allows you to submit visa applications and indicates the following message:
"As the World Health Organization declared the global pandemic of coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the ASAN VISA electronic portal will be suspended for 45 days to prevent the spread of the virus in the territory of Republic of Azerbaijan Foreign nationals wishing to visit the Republic of Azerbaijan are requested to request a visa from the competent embassies and consulates of the Republic of Azerbaijan.
Visa validity - 30 or 180 days from the date of issue.
The authorized length of stay 90 days.
Number of single or multiple entries.
The list of documents required by the consulate:
- Passport with a validity of at least six (06) months.
- Visa application form duly completed, dated and signed. (contact our offices for the form)
- Two recent identity photos pasted on the forms and in 3.5 x 4.5 format (scanned photos are not accepted).
- A copy of the first page of the passport.
- Copy of proof of residence for foreign nationals resident in Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
- Certificate of travel insurance intended to cover any costs of repatriation for medical reasons, medical care and / or emergency hospital care (This insurance must be valid for the entire travel period which corresponds to the validity dates of the visa issued ).
- Invitation letter from Azerbaijan partner including:
- Contact details, address, telephone and / or fax numbers and email address of this partner.
- The period of stay during which the visa applicant is supported.
- The object of the visit, nature of the mission.
8.Letter of engagement or mission order from the applicant’s employing organization, specifying the period and nature of the mission as well as the exact function of the visa applicant.
9.Copy of airline tickets or reservation.